Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Is Your Bread Done?

Over the years I heard comments about people that are kind of funny. Now, I don't mean any harm you know, but you have met people like this yourself. They are a little bit off maybe. Some of those saying that I have been trying to remember go like this:
  • His lights are on but no body's home.
  • He's a few bricks shy of a full load.
  • His bread is not quite done.
  • His elevator does not go to the top.
  • He has bats in his attic.
  • His wood is not stacked straight.
  • He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
  • His motor will start, but will only idle.
  • He's about 3/4 bubble off plumb. (Thanks to Mark)
  • The wheel's turning but the hamster's dead. (Thanks to Mandy)
  • He's not the brightest crayon in the box. (Thanks to Mandy)
I just got these next 8 from Lisa (10/30/07 5:00 pm). Thanks Lisa!
  • He's got a brain like a BB in a boxcar.
  • His IQ is lower than a snake's belly in a wagon-rut.
  • She's knitting with only one needle.
  • He's a pane short of a window.
  • He's got bats in the belfry.
  • If they made hats the size of his brain he would be wearing a peanut shell.
  • He's a few pickles short of a quart.
  • He's not the sharpest tool in the shed.
One person that might fit this description is this fellow. He just looks like he might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer. And, as for myself, I'm not really sure my elevator goes to the top. How about you?

Help Me, Please
I would like your help. If you can think of any of these types of saying that are not included in my list, I would like for you to send me an email or include them in a comment to this blog. My email is jrw5255@gmail.com.
New additions to the list are shown in red. We're getting a good list!
Thanks Mark and Mandy!
Thanks Lisa!
Anybody got some more of these saying?

~~~
Quote of the Day
“Things only have the value that we give them”
~ Moliere

~~~

Joke of the Day
A man was working in his garden near a mental hospital when one of the patients asked what he was doing.

The man answered, "I'm putting manure on my strawberries."

"That's funny", said the patient, "We put sugar and cream on ours and they think we are crazy.

~ Virginia Naylor Smith

Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

7 comments:

Mandy said...

He's not the brightest crayon in the box.

Mandy said...

The wheel's turning but the hamster's dead.

Unknown said...

He's about 3/4 bubble off plumb.

Lisa said...

A few pickles short of a quart.

Not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Lisa said...

A brain like a BB in a boxcar.

IQ lower than a snake's belly in a wagon-rut.

Knitting with only one needle.

A pane short of a window.

Bats in the belfry.

If they made hats the size of his brain he would be wearing a peanut shell.

Anonymous said...

Granddad, I don't know any other bread dones but in you family slideshow I would just like to say there is no other family I know that has such beautiful personalities. They all look as if they are the happiest people I have ever seen. The only thing that worries me is that Dad is going to give you a whoopen for not adding his pic in the slideshow. I won't tell. LOL

Anonymous said...

Jim,
Your "Favorite Slide Shows" is fantastic!!!!!!!! Your blog is one of my favorite web destinations!
Keep up the good work...Your Brother, David Goss