Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Some Rust Buckets

Greetings my friends! I hope this week is going good for you. We're having a beautiful fall, and it makes you thankful for the privilege of life.

My picture today was taken in Coatza- coalcos, Mexico. It shows an old, rusty trawler heading out into the Gulf of Mexico. The second picture shows some old rust buckets that are in line for salvage. I think maybe that trawler in the first picture will be joining the others real soon. (Click on the pictures for a larger view.)

These pictures were taken around 1997 when we lived in Mexico for two and a half years. I was working for Eastman Chemical Company at that time and Coatzacoalcos was the largest town that was close to where we lived. It was on the Gulf of Mexico, and while not a tourist town, there a few nice restaurants there as well as the only McDonald's in the area. There was one intersection in Coatzacoalcos they called "gringo corner" because there was a Pizza Hut, KFC and some other American fast food eateries there.

What is a Gringo? Check Wikipedia.


~~~
Quote of the Day

"I have been driven many times upon my knees
by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go.
My own wisdom and that of all about me
seemed insufficient for that day."

~ Abraham Lincoln


~~~
Joke of the Day
KIDS WILL BE KIDS - A little boy and his father were standing in line at the grocery store behind a really large woman. She was dressed like an executive and was wearing a beeper.

The little boy was bored and could not stop looking at the woman. Finally, he said to his father, "Dad, look at the size of her rear!" The father was appalled and said, "Shh! Son, Its not nice to talk that way about other people!"

So, after being quiet for a while longer, the little boy said "Dad, take a look at the size of her legs!" and again the dad says, "Shh! son , you're embarrassing me!"

It wasn't long after that when her beeper went off, and the boy shouted, "Look out Dad, she's backing up!"

Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: