Thursday, October 4, 2007

I'm going fishing today! I called two places on Douglas Lake and got two very different fishing reports. One gave an evil report of bad fishing and no need to come. The other had a good report and said the fishing was pretty good if you got down to 18-20 feet deep. So today Ralph Jones, Doug Salyer and myself are going to take off to Douglas Lake and troll for crappie. The crappie is a wonderful fish. While not the best fighter, it is excellent on the dinner table. Fish or no, we'll have a great time. This picture shows a nice white crappie we caught on Douglas last spring.

We'll make our scheduled stop at Cracker Barrel for some eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy. Then on to buy some minnow and then on to the ramp. I love to get on that water and feel those gentle waves rocking the boat. A bite now and then will be icing on the cake. Wish us luck!

Morphing
A few years ago I was playing around with morphing. This little movie shows a morph I made from a picture of my daughter, Bethany, and myself. The pictures of both of us show us when we were a lot younger (about 15 years ago, I think). I thought the morph was fantastic and showed that Bethany and I look a lot alike. What do you think?






~~~
Quote of the Day
"A friend is one who walks in when others walk out."
~Walter Winchell

~~~
Joke of the Day
A newcomer to Portland (or Seattle) arrives on a rainy day. She gets up the next day and it's raining. It also rains the day after that, and the day after that.

She goes out to lunch and sees a young kid and, out of despair, asks, "Hey, kid, does it ever stop raining around here?"


The kid says, "How should I know? I'm only 6."

Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: