Saturday, October 13, 2007

Cousins in Paris

Good Saturday Morning!
Dad and I are still in Paris, Tennessee at our church convention. These are truly "good days". I will work on my convention gems when I get back home to Kingsport.

Yesterday I also got to see some of my cousins who are the children of John and Margie Rieben. Dad and I got a visit with Joyce, Johnny and Tommy. We got a picture or two but I have to wait for them to be emailed to me.

My cousin the Sculptor
I also learned that Tommy is a chain saw sculptor. He had a bear he had done in the back of his truck. I am thinking that that bear might go back to East Tennessee with Dad and me. I hope to get a picture of the bear later today.


Chainsaw sculptures may be on the cutting edge of art right now. Tommy started in this business four years ago. He said his first wooden figure was a large owl. He said the first owl took him a week and a half. He has at least 5 chainsaws of different sizes. Tommy says when he walks in the woods, he sees different things, like trolls, leprechauns, hillbillies, cowboys, bears etc.

~~~

Quote of the Day

Life is short, but there is always time enough for courtesy.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson


~~~
Joke of the Day
A State Policeman stopped a car full of nuns and asked the nun who was clutching the wheel if she knew how fast she was driving. She replied, "Yes, officer, I was going 20 mph." He asked her if she knew what the speed limit was on that road and she said, "It is 20 mph, I saw a sign a little way back that said so."

He said, "Sister, the speed limit is 65 mph., I stopped you because you were driving too slow. The sign that you saw a little way back was I-20 and that means this is Interstate 20." She apologized and explained that they didn't get out much and she didn't know that.

He looked in the back seat and saw three nuns, pale as ghost, sweating and clutching the seat in front of them. He asked, "What is wrong with them?" She replied, "I just got off of I-95."

Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: