Friday, October 26, 2007

The Bridge

We went across that bridge at Dandridge, Tennessee yesterday morning.






This movie will give a little idea of what it is like. When you look at it, remember I had an 8.5 feet wide boat behind me. And when my left trailer tire is on the left yellow line the right trailer tire was on the white line. You'll get the idea. Once we passed a dump truck on the bridge. So it can be done, but you move very slow. I mean very slow.

What about the fishing, Jim? Well, I'm just plain embarrassed about it. We only caught a couple of blue gill and one bass. No crappie! And crappie was our target fish. I can't explain it. The weather was beautiful and the water temperature was a little cooler. The other boats we checked with were not doing any better. But next time it will be better. Oh, the optimism of the fisherman. He can get skunked badly, but he's ready to go back and try again with such optimism. That's me!

~~~
Quote of the Day
Wherever you go, no matter what the weather,
always bring your own sunshine
~ Author Unknown



~~~
Joke of the Day
A blonde with two red ears went to her doctor.

The doctor asked her
what had happened to her ears and she answered, "I was ironing a shirt and the phone rang - but instead of picking up the phone, I accidentally picked up the iron and stuck it to my ear."

"Oh Dear!" the doctor exclaimed in disbelief. "But, what happened to your other ear?"

"The jerk called back!"

Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: