Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sinking

Pontoon Boat on Douglas Lake
For the past couple of weeks we’ve been watching a pontoon boat that is sinking. I’ve got a couple of pictures to show you that were taken one week apart.

May 5, 2011

Maybe there’s some hope to save this boat at this point.
IMG_0868
May 12, 2011

A week later it looks like all is lost.
IMG_0915

As I visit some of the local lakes I am continually amazed by the lack of care some owners have for their boats and equipment. I understand that sometimes accidents happen. However, some of what I see is not accidents, it nothing lack of care. I see boats left out in the open with no covering, and I see boats left laying on the ground when the lakes goes down. I just wonder why people don’t take pride and care for things that have cost lots of money.

One other comment. I take my boat in for service at the end of every season. The people that work on my boat always comment that I use my boat. The hour meter on my boat will show will show substantial hours of use, maybe 180-200 hours. They tell me that they service lots of boats that are only used 5-10 hours a year! It seems some people go out and buy and nice boat and then let it sit and don’t use it. That is their right, but it is wasteful.

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
It pays to take care of what you own.
Preventive maintenance is a must.
The old philosophy of “if it isn’t broke, don’t fix it” does not hold water these days.

~~~
Quote of the Day
Talk doesn't cook rice.
~Chinese Proverb

~~~
Joke of the Day

The old man had died. A wonderful funeral was in progress and the town’s preacher talked at length of the good traits of the deceased, what an honest man he was, and what a loving husband and kind father he was.

Finally, the widow leaned over and whispered to one of her children, “Go up there and take a look in the coffin and see if that’s your pa.”

 



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: