Saturday, May 7, 2011

Gas Prices

All I Can Say Is, Ouch!
GasGaugeIt hurts a lot to fill up my SUV. The other day coming back from Knoxville we stopped to fill up. It was $80.00. That hurts. You might ask why I have an SUV. I need it to pull my boat. You might ask why I don’t leave my boat in the water at a marina. Well, I like to fish different lakes in our area.

In the spring and fall I like to crappie fish at Douglas Lake. In the summer we go trolling for lake trout at South Holston & Watauga Lakes. Occasionally we go to Boone Lake to pull the kids on the tube.

Do you think they will ever build an electric car that will pull a big boat? I doubt it.

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Here’s a good one: Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

~~~
Quote of the Day
We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals;
others, by their acts.
~Harold Nicolson


~~~
Joke of the Day

The preacher was wired for sound with a lapel mike, and as he preached, he moved briskly about the platform, jerking the mike cord as he went.

Then he moved to one side, getting wound up in the cord and nearly tripping before jerking it again.

After several circles and jerks, a little girl in the third pew leaned toward her mother and whispered,

"If he gets loose, will he hurt us?"



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: