Monday, May 2, 2011

Fishing in NC

Lake Jordon
Last week we took a little trip to Liberty, NC, to visit Monk and Lucy. They lived in the apartment next to us when I was in school at NC State back in 1961-3. We have kept in touch through the years and try to get together at least once per year. When we do get together it usually involves some sort of fishing.

We fished Lake Jordon 2 days last week. In total we caught 51 crappie keepers, and were fortunate to do that with the weather situation. Even though we only had 51 keepers, I would have to say that I have never caught more fish in such a short time period in my entire life. Often we would have 4-6 crappie on our lines at the same time. I would guess we caught a total of about 200 fish per day, but they were under the size limit of 10 inches. The limit is 20 fish per person per day. Here’s a few pictures… 

Here’s Monk at the front of his boat. We were trolling 14 rods and picking up lots of fish. See the storm clouds that drove us off the lake on Tuesday. IMG_0792
Monk and I show Monday’s catch of 29 keepers. We had a very enjoyable day and caught loads of fish. IMG_0785
Here’s a picture of Lucy and Monk on the front porch of their home. Their hospitality is unequaled. IMG_0818

Monk has always been a great fisherman. A few years ago he started a new business using his fishing expertise. He and Lucy developed and now operate MonksCrappie.com. It is a web site that specializes in fishing tackle for the crappie fisherman. You probably know that I had a close look at some of the latest tackle while we were visiting, and I brought back some new baits that I hope to try in Tennessee in the next couple of weeks.

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Take a young boy or girl fishing.
It’s a nice thing to do.

~~~
Quote of the Day
When the world says, "Give up,"
Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."
~Author Unknown

~~~
Joke of the Day

Two elderly ladies had been friends for many decades. Over the years, they had shared all kinds of activities and adventures. Lately, their activities had been limited to meeting a few times a week to play cards.

One day, they were playing cards when one looked at the other & said, "Now don't get mad at me. I know we've been friends a long time, but I just can't think of your name! I've thought and thought, but I can't remember it. Please tell me what your name is."

Her friend glared at her for at least three minutes; she just stared and glared at her. Finally she said, "How soon do you need to know?"



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: