Monday, May 16, 2011

Pencil Art

A friend recently sent me some pictures of carvings made in the lead of pencils. Here’s a couple of them for you to wonder about how they did it. Then read the parable of the pencil.

P1 P2

Parable of the Pencil
A pencil maker told the pencil 5 important lessons just before putting it in the box:

  1. Everything you do will always leave a mark.
  2. You can always correct the mistakes you make.
  3. What is important is what is inside of you.
  4. In life, you will undergo painful sharpenings, which will only make you better.
  5. To be the best pencil, you must allow yourself to be held and guided by the hand that holds you.

We all need to be constantly sharpened. This parable may encourage you to know that you are a special person, with unique God-given talents and abilities. Only you can fulfill the purpose which you were born to accomplish. Never allow yourself to get discouraged and think that your life is insignificant and cannot be changed and, like the pencil, always remember that the most important part of who you are, is what's inside of you and then allow yourself to be guided by the hand of God.

 

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Google Blogger had a severe failure & outage last week. It prevented bloggers from posting updates to their blogs for almost 2 days. It was very aggravating.

It all makes you wonder about the internet and what will happened when it fails. Yes, I do believe that someday their will be a catastrophic failure and users will not be able to get online. This will stop many organizations from doing business, since so many are tied to the internet.  It will happen, when we don’t know.


~~~
Quote of the Day
Age does not diminish the extreme disappointment of having a scoop of ice cream fall from the cone.
~Jim Fiebig

~~~
Joke of the Day

Two old guys are pushing their carts around Wal-Mart when they collide. The first old guy says to the second guy, "Sorry about that. I'm looking for my wife, and I guess I wasn't paying attention to where I was going."
The second old guy says, "That's OK, It's a coincidence. I'm looking for my wife, too. I can't find her and I'm getting a little desperate."

The first old guy says, "Well, maybe I can help you find her. What does she look like?"

The second old guy says: "Well, she is 27 yrs. old, tall, with red hair, blue eyes, long legs, and is wearing short shorts. What does you wife look like?"

To which the first old guy says, "Doesn't matter, --- let's go look for yours."



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

1 comment:

John White said...

Hi Jim,

Yes very aggravating that Blogger was down...I lost an entire day's posting...fortunately I kept my notes & combined it with the next days. It does make you wonder if one day Blogger might shut down & all the work you've put into your blog would disappear. Not a pleasant thought.
Take care.
John