Friday, May 27, 2011

An Eventful Day

Excitement?

I can live without this kind of excitement.

Car Accident
Yesterday morning there was a bad accident about a block from where we live. A SUV hit a power pole and sheared it off at the ground, and the SU
V ended upside down. I don’t think anyone was seriously injured, but I am not sure. We lost our electricity again. It took quite a while to clean up the mess, set a new pole, and restring the power lines. I would g
uess the power was off from 6-7 hours. Here’s a picture.


Storm
Beverly and I were in Johnson City having dinner when my cell phone rang. It was Ralph, my fishing buddy who now lives in Sevierville, TN. He told me that he had just he
ard the a tornado had hit Greeneville, TN and was heading directly for Colonial Heights (our neighborhood).

We were finished eating so we started the drive home on I26. When we exited the interstate the hail began hammering our vehicle. We found a little shelter under an underpass. We waited and the storm finally passed over and you could see the sun coming out. We drove home to see what we would find.

When we drove up here’s what the front lawn looked like.

Beverly got a handful of hail from the lawn for this picture.
The bed where we had planted our rose bushes was almost white with hail.

We really don’t know if we had any serious damage. Today we can take a closer look at our car, the boat, and the house (roof, windows, screens) to learn if we have any reportable damage.

What a day! Whew!

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Someone gave me a little nugget of wisdom:

“Man came from dust & goes back to dust
but is so proud.
Jesus came from Heaven & returned to heaven
yet is so humble.”

~~~
Quote of the Day
I used to love night best but the older I get the more treasures and hope and joy I find in mornings.
~Terri Guillemets

~~~
Joke of the Day

A man wrote a letter to a small hotel in a Midwest town he planned to visit on his vacation. He wrote, "I would very much like to bring my dog with me. He is well groomed and very well behaved. Would you be willing to permit me to keep him in my room with me at night?"

An immediate reply came from the hotel owner, who said, "I've been operating this hotel for many years. In all that time, I've never had a dog steal towels, bedclothes, silverware or pictures off the walls. I've never had to evict a dog in the middle of the night for being drunk and disorderly. and I've never had a dog run out on a hotel bill. Yes, indeed, your dog is welcome at my hotel. And, if your dog will vouch for you, you're welcome to stay here, too."



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

1 comment:

John White said...

Sorry to hear about all the "excitement" going around your house lately. Hope things are back to normal soon. Speaking of excitement, I went for my annual medical check up Tuesday & walking to the Dr's office stumbled off the sidewalk & fell on the concrete. I have a big scar & bruise on my elbow. When the Dr. asked how I was doing, I answered: "Well, I was o.k. until I came for this exam!"