Friday, April 30, 2010

Backyard Visitor

The White Squirrel
This critter showed up in our backyard the other day. It was quite interesting to see him playing with the other squirrels. So, evidently he is socially accepted. Here’s a few pictures I took.

Here’s our white visitor playing with a one of the gray squirrels. IMG_3038
The dove in this picture doesn’t seem phased by the white squirrel. Perhaps they already met. IMG_3040



He’s down the tree in a flash. Being white does not slow him down.
IMG_3041

Another new critter showed up next door. Our neighbor told us that last week she looked up to find a raccoon on her outside window sill. I wonder if he’s met the white squirrel?

Fishing Today
If all goes as planned I may be on Douglas Lake today. And it may only be Doug and me, as Ralph said there is a possibility that he may not be able to make it. It’s hard work when only 2 are in the boat. After we put on the rod holders we have 16 rods to get rigged and out in the water for trolling… and someone has to drive the boat. We’re tough and I think we can handle it.
 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
You and I both have made a lot of mistakes in our life. Sometimes we are reminded of them. Is that good or bad? Well, it’s bad if we are discouraged by think about past mistakes (that’s the devil). But sometimes it could be good, in that it reminds us of what we once were and how we have changed for the better (that’s God).

~~~
Quote of the Day
Every survival kit should include a sense of humor.
~Author Unknown

~~~
Joke of the Day

Old Aunt Dora went to her doctor to see what could be done about her constipation.

"It's terrible," she said, "I haven't moved my bowels in a week."

"I see. Have you done anything about it?" asked the doctor.

"Naturally," she replied, "I sit in the bathroom for a half-hour in the morning and again at night."

"No," the doctor said, "I mean do you take anything?"

"Naturally," she answered, "I take a book."



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

1 comment:

Helen said...

That is a beautiful squirrel. Thanks for sharing such a rarity. Good luck on your fishing today. Take care.
Helen