Thursday, April 29, 2010

Dandelions

The Colorful Weed
flower Andrew Mason said, “If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn.”

Maybe so, but they are easy to grow and not desired on lawns. They are widely known as a weed you want to rid your lawn of.

seedball Remember the dandelion seeds from youth? We used to find them and enjoy blowing the seeds away. While they used to be neat as a kid, they look pretty ugly to me today.

Here’s a lawn I passed by the other day. I just had to stop and take a picture with my cell phone. Can you imagine the thousands of seeds that are being produced. I’m glad I live upwind from this patch of dandelions. Neighbor

 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Life is short, no doubt. We don’t realize this until we get older. It is good to make good use of our time, it is too precious to waste. Try to enjoy every moment, make the most out of every opportunity, … see if you can learn to enjoy the scenery on a detour.

~~~
Quote of the Day
If you mess up, 'fess up.
~Author Unknown

~~~
Joke of the Day

One day a guy was driving with his 4-year-old daughter and beeped his car horn by mistake.

She turned and looked at him for an explanation.

He said, "I did that by accident."

She replied, "I know that, daddy."

He replied, "How'd you know?"

The girl said, "Because you didn't say a bad word afterwards!"



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: