Wisdom from Grandpa
I received the follow a couple of days ago from a high school friend who resides in California. I thought you might light to see it too. It’s pretty good with some good common sense and observations. We need all the wisdom we can get.
- Whether a man winds up with a nest egg, or with a goose egg, depends a lot on the kind of chick he marries.
- Trouble in marriage often starts when a man gets so busy earnin' his salt that he forgets his sugar.
- Too many couples marry for better, or for worse, but not for good.
- When a man marries a woman, they become one...but the trouble starts when they try to decide which one.
- If a man has enough horse sense to treat his wife like a thoroughbred, she will never turn into an old nag.
- On anniversaries, the wise husband always forgets the past - but never the present.
- A foolish husband says to his wife, "Honey, you stick to the washin', ironin', cookin', and scrubbin'. No wife of mine is gonna 'work.”
- Many girls like to marry a military man - he can cook, sew, and make beds and is in good health...and he's already used to taking orders.
Old Age Observations
- Eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying about your age and start bragging about it.
- Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.
- How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?
- You know you are getting old, when everything either dries up or leaks.
- Old age is when former classmates are so gray and wrinkled and bald, that they don't even recognize you.
Have a GREAT day.......and keep laughing! At least do some serious smiling. Dad used to tell me to smile, and that it would make people wonder what I had been up to.
We’re enjoying the spring time weather.
But you know we have some more winter coming.
Here in East Tennessee we’ll have at least two more winters. We call them Dogwood winter, and Blackberry winter. These are the cold snaps we will experience usually when the Dogwood trees are in bloom, and later when the blackberries bloom.
Advice is seldom welcome.
Those who need it most, like it least.
— Samuel Johnson
Joke of the Day
Update from Aunt Mildred:
I have become a little older since I saw you last, and a few changes have come into my life. Frankly, I have become a frivolous old gal. I am seeing five gentlemen every day. As soon as I wake up, Will Power helps get me out of bed. Then I go to see John. Next, Charlie Horse comes along, and when he is here, he takes a lot of my time and attention. When he leaves, Arthur Ritis shows up and stays the rest of the day. He doesn't like to stay in one place very long, so he takes me from joint to joint. After such a busy day, I'm really tired and glad to go to bed with Ben Gay. What a life!
What she didn’t tell you is that she sometimes sees Jack Daniel.