Monday, April 19, 2010

Son and Granddaughter

Greg and Mandy
Many of you know that our first son, Mark Gregory White, was killed in an auto accident in 1983, just weeks after his daughter, Mandy, was born.

We have always seen some of Greg in Mandy. This was confirmed recently when looking at some photographs that showed Mandy and Greg when they were about the same age. We thought there was a strong resemblance. What do you think?

Mandy14 Greg14
Mandy-- Greg17

In the first set of pictures they were both 14 years old and wearing braces. In the second set, Greg was 17, and we’re not sure about Mandy.

We love Mandy, we miss Greg, and we’re thankful for the memories.

 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Take a look at a caterpillar. There’s nothing about it that would give you a clue that it will become a butterfly.

~~~
Quote of the Day
God gives every bird its food,
but He does not throw it into its nest.
~J.G. Holland

~~~
Joke of the Day

Moe goes to the doctor. He has a string hanging out of his left ear.

The doctor says that this is most unusual. "I don't know what to make of it. I have no diagnosis. Perhaps we should just pull the string and see what happens."

The learned doctor proceeded to pull the string. He pulled and pulled, and out came a dozen long-stemmed American Beauty roses. "My Goodness," proclaimed the doctor, "I've never seen that before.

Where do you suppose they came from?"

Moe replies, "I don't know. Is there a card?"



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

3 comments:

Mimi/Susan said...

Mandy looks a lot like her Dad to me!

Dar said...

Your Mandy is beautiful and she sure does resemble her Daddy. She looks very happy and I'm so glad you have the memories. No one can EVER take them from you. I cannot imagine loosing one of my children.

Some of the ugliest caterpillars make the most beautiful butterflies.

God sure has blessed us.

I thought Moe was going to say , from my ear.

Blessings Friend

Mandy said...

I believe I was 17 in that picture too!

Mom says people say I look like her, but she thinks it's just because they don't know what my dad looked like ... That I favor him much, much more.