Monday, August 30, 2010

The Week’s Chores

A New Week
In the old days there was a main chore to do on each day of the week. I found this the other day, and thought we could all learn something from it. But it seems to me that I need to do all those chores every day.

Monday - Wash Day
Lord, help me wash away all my selfishness and vanity so I may serve you with perfect humility through the week ahead. Ironing

Tuesday - Ironing Day 
Dear Lord, help me iron out all the wrinkles of prejudice I have collected through the years so that I may see the beauty in others.

Wednesday - Mending Day
My God, help me mend my ways so I will not set a bad example for others

Thursday - Cleaning Day
Lord Jesus, help me to dust out all the many faults I have been hiding in the secret corners of my heart.

Friday - Shopping Day
Dear God, give me the grace to shop wisely so I may purchase eternal happiness for myself and all others in need of love.

Saturday - Cooking Day
Help me, my Savior, to brew a big kettle of brotherly love and serve it with clean, sweet bread of human kindness.

Sunday - The Lord's Day
My God, I have prepared my house for you. Please come into my heart so I may spend the day and the rest of my life in your presence.

 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
I’ve noticed that the only time in life when someone does not want advice is when they are young.
And that’s when they need it the most.

~~~
Quote of the Day
Fear is a darkroom where negatives develop.
~Usman B. Asif

~~~
Joke of the Day

You’re Drinking Too Much Coffee When:

  • You speed walk in your sleep.
  • You answer the door before people knock.
  • You sleep with your eyes open.
  • You just completed your third sweater today, and you don’t know how to knit.
  • You grind your coffee beans in your mouth.
  • You have to watch videos in fast-forward.
  • The only time you’re standing still is in an earthquake.
  • You lick your coffee pot clean.
  • Your eyes stay open when you sneeze.
  • The nurse needs a scientific calculator to take your pulse.
  • You can type sixty words a minute with your feet.
  • You don’t sweat, you percolate.
  • People get dizzy just watching you.
  • People can test their batteries in your ears.
  • Your birthday is a national holiday in Brazil.
  • Your Thermos is on wheels.
  • You can outlast the Energizer Bunny.
  • You don’t even wait for the water to boil anymore.
  • You don’t tan, you roast.
  • You soak your dentures in coffee overnight.
  • You think CPR stands for “Coffee Provides Resuscitation.”



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: