It Is Not Enough
I came across the following a few days ago. If you are like me, they will show you better the gap between where you are and where you want to be. May we work to close the gap.
- It's not enough to fight a battle,
We must defeat the enemy.
- It's not enough to run the race,
So run to receive the prize.
- It's not enough to have lamps of profession,
We must have oil in possession.
- It's not enough to attend convention,
We must grasp the spirit of convention.
- It's not enough to give our testimony,
We must live our testimony.
- It's not enough that we pray from our lips,
We must speak from our hearts.
- It's not enough to build,
We must build on the rock.
- It's not enough to be a candle,
We must be a lighted candle.
- It's not enough to be a lighted candle,
We must be on a candlestick.
- It's not enough to be the salt of the earth,
We must have the savor of Christ.
- It's not enough to go the first mile,
We must go the second mile, prompted by love
- It's not enough to hear the word spoken,
It must be mixed with Faith.
~ Lloyd Wilson
Why is it that when you lose something, and you search diligently for it. If you find it, it’s always in the last place you look. Ha. I’m a little strange.
But everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
but it never seems to teach them anything.
Joke of the Day