Wednesday, August 18, 2010

America in Color, 1939-1943

A Beautiful Gallery
I think you would enjoy these photographs taken during 1939-1943 by photographers of the Farm Security Administration/Office of War Information. Click here. Here’s an example…oA

You might also enjoy pictures of American Cities Pre-1950. It’s also interesting. Click here.

I enjoy looking a pictures that show what things used to be like… or pictures of time gone by. I enjoy seeing old pictures, and hearing about adventures of long ago. My Dad tells us about driving from Knoxville to Chattanooga when he was a young man. It was a all day trip. They would have several flat tires along the way, and would have to patch them before they could continue. I think life in the old days is interesting.

 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
I know that the God is not going to let anything come my way, that God and I can’t handle together.

~~~
Quote of the Day
He who cannot forgive, breaks the bridge
over which he himself must pass.
~George Herbert

~~~
Joke of the Day

Because they had no reservations at a busy restaurant, an elderly neighbor and his wife were told there would be a 45-minute wait for a table.

'Young man, we're both 90 years old, ' the husband said ..'We may not have 45 minutes.'

They were seated immediately.

--------------------------and--------------------------

The reason Politicians  try so hard to get re-elected is that they would 'hate' to have to make a living under the laws they've passed. 



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: