Thursday, July 9, 2009

Trying to Save Money?

Sometimes DIY Does Not Pay
I was reading an article in our hometown paper a day or so ago about people trying to save money by doing jobs themselves instead of hiring a professional. One example was changing the bulb in a tail light on an auto. But “Doing It Yourself” (DIY) ended up costing them over $200. Sometimes it pays to hire a professional. Just see what happened in this video…


Blogs To Check

I have some relatives that are doing blogs. And they are doing a great job. You might want to check them out from time to time.

  1. My Dad does Dad’s Tomato Garden Journal. He posts every day except Sunday. Dad is approaching 96 years and is recognized as America’s oldest blogger.
  2. My Granddaughter, Mandy, has a blog she started earlier this year called It Ain’t Easy Being Green. She’s doing a great job. In her last entry she talked about shopping at the farmer’s market, using rain barrels, her herb garden, and using a clothes line.
  3. My Cousin Karen lives in Memphis, Tennessee and has blog called Brush Strokes. Karen writes about her watercolor painting experiences, shares tips, and shows some of her beautiful work.

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Children get only one childhood. Help make it happy and loaded with love so they will have have fond memories.

~~~
Quote of the Day
A single rose can be my garden...
a single friend, my world.
~Leo Buscaglia

~~~
Joke of the Day

A gentleman entered a busy florist shop that displayed a large sign that read "Say It With Flowers."

"Wrap up one rose," he told the florist. "Only one?" the florist asked.

"Just one," the customer replied. "I'm a man of few words."



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

2 comments:

Frances said...

You are right about hiring pros. My husband's cousin was cutting a tree when it fell back on him, and killed him instantly. This was only about two years ago. He was a husband, father, and grandfather.

Anonymous said...

Jim, I do a lot of my repairs around the house just fixed the laundry room drain and the stopper in my room. It takes me a lot of time to do a job but I always feel good when I finish. Do a lot of jobs at my son's and son in law's houses. Only one son follows in my footsteps and does his own jobs.
The others say "Get a Man".

I am listed as a follower on your gradaughter's blog but never get it to come up on my listing. Dad of course is a favorite of mine. Is there a problem on her end?
Have a good fishing day since the fourth is over. Bill