Saturday, July 4, 2009

July 4, 2009

Independence Day
Spirit_of_'76This day commemorates the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776. On that day our country declared independence from the Kingdom of Great Britain.

This year, in the midst of celebrations with fireworks, parades, barbecues, picnics, etc. let us not forget to be thankful for our freedom, and all the sacrifices that have been made that we can live in such a great and free country.

Some More Bumper Stickers
For Retired People

BS08
BS09
BS10
BS11
 
Remember…
Friends 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
This is interesting: The word listen contains the same letters as the word silent.

~~~
Quote of the Day
And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

~~~
Joke of the Day

A man sat in his attorney's office.

"Do you want the bad news first or the terrible news?" the lawyer said.

"Give me the bad news first."

"Your wife found a picture worth a half-million dollars."

"That's the bad news?" asked the man incredulously. "I can't wait to hear the terrible news."

"The terrible news is that it's of you and your secretary."



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: