Monday, July 27, 2009

Kuroshio Sea

Aquarium – 2nd Largest in the World
Here’s something I thought you might enjoy. This video shows one of  the largest aquariums in the world, so large it has been named the Kuroshio Sea. It is located in the Churaumi Aquarium in Okinawa, Japan. Just watch this video to get a feel for the size and beauty of this aquarium.
 

July is Almost Gone
It’s hard to realize that this month is almost over. Counting today there are only 5 days of July left in 2009. This year is zooming by or sure.

Knee Report
Last Wednesday I had a cortisone shot in each of my knees. i did not think it would make a difference. BUT I have been surprised with the way my knees are doing since Saturday. If this lasts, I may be able to postpone knee surgery for a while.

It is also interesting that the orthopedic doctor gave specific instructions to only use the exercise bicycles for cardio exercise. He said it the only safe exercise for my knees and it builds up the right muscles to help the knees.

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
The trouble with most self-made men is that they worship their creator.

~~~
Quote of the Day
It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
~ John Wooden

~~~
Joke of the Day

John was driving his brand new Ferrari into town on a very windy day. He came upon a big hill and saw a man riding his bike along the highway. The man was huffing and puffing to get up the steep hill and John felt sorry for him so he pulled over and asked him, "Do you need a ride into town?"

"That would be mighty kind of you mister" the man said. "But where can we put my bike?"

John said, "Well, I know it won't fit in my trunk and I don't want to put it on top because it might scratch my car. But I got a rope in my trunk and we could tie it from my bumper to your bike and if I start going too fast, you just ring that little bell on your bike."

"Well that sounds like a good idea," the man said. So they headed off into town and came upon a stoplight.

Just then another man pulled up next to John in a Ferrari. The other man looked over and said to John, "Hey, you wanna race?"

John, forgetting all about the man on his bike, said, "You bet!"

The light turned green and they tore off out of town. They were still neck and neck when they went speeding past a state trooper. The state trooper clocked them doing 95 miles an hour.

The trooper, thinking he was seeing things, called up his partner back at the station and said, "Hey Tom, you won't believe what I just saw. I clocked two Ferrari's doing 95 miles an hour outside of town, and a man on his bike, ringing his bell trying to pass them!"



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: