Thursday, July 2, 2009

Do You Remember 1955?

I was a sophomore in high school
55ChevyThe 1955 Chevy was about the prettiest car we had ever seen. That was only 54 years ago. My good friend Sharon sent me this picture the other day, and some of the things people were saying in 1955. Here’s some of my favorites. Read on…

  • 'I'll tell you one thing, if things keep going the way they are, it's going to be impossible to buy a week's groceries for $10.00.
  • 'Did you hear the post office is thinking about charging 7 cents just to mail a letter.
  • 'If they raise the minimum wage to $1.00, nobody will be able to hire outside help at the store.
  • 'When I first started driving, who would have thought gas would someday cost 25 cents a gallon. Guess we'd be better off leaving the car in the garage.
  • 'Did you see where some baseball player just signed a contract for $50,000 a year just to play ball? It wouldn't surprise me if someday they'll be making more than the President.
  • 'I never thought I'd see the day all our kitchen appliances would be electric. They are even making electric typewriters now.
  • 'The drive-in restaurant is convenient in nice weather, but I seriously doubt they will ever catch on.
  • 'No one can afford to be sick anymore, at $15.00 a day in the hospital, it's too rich for my blood.'
  • 'If they think I'll pay 30 cents for a hair cut, forget it.'
 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure.

~~~
Quote of the Day
America is a nation with many flaws,
but hopes so vast that only the cowardly
would refuse to acknowledge them.
~James Michener

~~~
Joke of the Day

Two elderly gentlemen are playing cards on Saturday evening as they have done for the past 35 years. Max, the older, had been having problems remembering what cards were what, and usually needed help from his wife.

At the end of the card game Ed said to Max, "You did very good tonight. You didn't need any help at all. Why is that?"

Max replied, "Why ever since my wife sent me to that memory school, I haven't had any problems at all."

"Memory school? What memory school?"

Max thought for a moment, "Oh, what's that flower that's red with thorns? A really pretty flower...?"

"A rose?"

"Yeah...that's it!" Max turned to his wife and asked, "Hey, Rose! What's the name of that memory school you sent me to?”



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: