Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Fishing Today

Beautiful South Holston Lake
I hope to be on the lake again this morning, maybe when you’re reading this. We’re going to fish for walleye for the first few hours, and then switch over to fishing for trout (lake trout and rainbow trout).

Here’s a few pictures we’ve taken this year while on South Holston’s waters.

P1060006 P1050918
P1050929 P1060012

I hope all is well in your neck of the woods. Best wishes for a wonderful day. I hope you enjoy it to the fullest.

Shrubbery Trimming
Yesterday I got all my shrubbery trimmed and a few low limbs taken off some of the trees in my yard. I had a fine young man and his helper do the work and I am very pleased. This yard & shrubbery man is the head basketball coach at a local high school in our area. He has a licensed business he operates during the summer and outside of school hours. I plan to let him start mowing my yard every week, too.

I got tired yesterday from just watching them work. Whew! That’s hard work.

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Have you noticed? Anybody going slower
than you is an lazy bum, and anyone going faster
than you is a crazy idiot.

~~~
Quote of the Day
Publicity is like poison:
it doesn't hurt unless you swallow it.
— Joe Paterno

~~~
Joke of the Day

Two friends were getting ready to tee of on the first hole of a posh golf resort course. The first fellow steps up to the tee box, places his ball, steps back to line up his shot, waggles his driver for several moments, then steps back to take several practice swings.

His partner getting tired of all this asked him why he was taking so long to make his drive.

To this the first player replies, "My wife is at the club house watching and I want to get this shot just right".

"Don't bother", his partner retorts, "you'll never hit her from here.”



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: