Sunday, June 8, 2008

Our Anniversary

Forty-Seven Years Today
I don't usually post on Sunday, but today is special. Beverly and I have been married for 47 years today. Here's a picture of us taken on Mother's Day of this year.

I'm so thankful that she married me back in 1961. She is the most wonderful wife a man could have. She's my wife, my love, my sweetheart, and my best friend. I love her dearly and hope we'll have many more years together.



Here are some of the reasons I love my wife...
  • You love God and put Him first in your life.
  • You are like the virtuous woman in Proverbs.
  • You love the Truth.
  • You supported me in my career.
  • You love me with my imperfections.
  • You gave me a reason to love.
  • You supported me when the going was tough.
  • You made life on earth worth living.
  • You are a beautiful and caring person.
  • You are organized and a good planner.
  • You put others before self.
  • You treat the workers like you would treat Jesus.
  • You teach others to be kind and love.
  • You have a good and true testimony.
  • You have a strong work ethic.
  • You earned a BS Degree with highest honors.
  • You enjoyed our Mexico life.
  • You worked hard and learned Spanish.
  • Your impact on our Mexican friends.
  • Your love for our children.
  • You are a wonderful mother, who truly cares for the well being of our children.
  • You keep up with all those birthdays, and never forget to send a greeting to our friends.
  • You are a grandmother who truly loves children.
  • You have not forgotten how to play with children.
  • Your wonderful sense of humor and know how to take a joke (how else could you have made it with me all these years).
  • Your tolerance with my hobbies: fishing, computers, or whatever it is this week.
  • You are diligent in writing letters to our friends and the workers.
  • You are an excellent cook, and your can do wonders in your organized kitchen.
  • You are unselfish, and think of the needs of others.
  • You have excellent taste when it comes to clothes, household furnishings, etc.
  • You extremely intelligent, as well as beautiful.
  • You make retirement a wonderful experience.
  • You compliment me on things I have done well.
  • You always play to win, but you are a good winner and a good loser.
  • You support me when I fail. You give me hope and courage to always try again.
  • Your kisses are so sweet.
  • You do so many big and little things for me.
  • Your love is always unmistakable because of your actions.
  • You are my wife, partner, friend and sweetheart.

~~~
Quote of the Day
Who, being loved, is poor?
~Oscar Wilde

~~~
Joke of the Day
This joke was told to me just a few days ago by my Dad.

He said they did a study to determine why men lived longer than women. He said the study uncovered the facts. The men really DID NOT live longer, It only seemed longer!

Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: