Thursday, June 12, 2008

Jade and the Piano

Jade Plays
We really enjoyed having Jade live with us the past year. While here, Jade had an interest in our piano, and had a strong desire to learn to play. She asked Nana (Beverly) to teach her. Well, Nana is not a music teacher, but she would show Jade how the piano keys corresponded to the notes on the music piece. Beverly would demonstrate, and Jade would practice. Jade would practice on
her own, and eventually learned to play five different songs. She memorized them all. On the day she left, I made a few video clips of Jade playing the piano. Just recently I uploaded them to YouTube. You might enjoy watching and listening to one or both of these YouTube clips.

~~~

~~~


~~~
Gone Fishing
I'm going up to South Holston Lake this morning to do a a little fishing. I heard they had been catching trout trolling, so I thought I might give it a try. It will be new to me as I don't usually fish for trout. They had been catching them 25-30 feet deep trolling spoons. Someone told me that he used 5 1/2 colors of lead core line to get down to where they were. Some people use down riggers. I don't have down riggers installed on my boat. But, I've got 4 rods with lead core line, and four more rods with line counter reels and on those we'll use "Dipsy Divers" or "Deeper Divers" to get the lures down deep enough. The picture shows what a "Dipsy Diver" looks like. It is essentially a disc that takes the line very deep and your lure is out (4-8 feet) behind the disc. Actually they are very scientific, by using settings on the disk and the amount of line you have out, you can get your lure to specific & known depths (hopefully where the fish are). We'll see how it works today.

~~~
Quote of the Day
There is a good reason they call these ceremonies "commencement exercises." Graduation is not the end; it's the beginning.
~Orrin Hatch

~~~
Joke of the Day
There was a blonde that lived in a small house on the corner of 4th Avenue.

She had a small shed in her backyard where she kept gardening tools. One day, she thought she saw smoke coming out of the roof of the shed.

In a panic she called 911. They answered and said, "This is Joe, is there an emergency?"

The blonde replied "Yes my shed is on fire!!!" Joe said, "Don't panic help in on the way...where do you live?"

The blonde said, "IN A HOUSE, NOW HURRY!!"

Joe calmly responded back, "How are we supposed to get there?"

The blonde answered back, "DUH!!! IN YOUR BIG RED TRUCK!"

Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: