Wednesday, June 18, 2008

New Sheep Farmer

Close to where I live, there is a small farm that I drive by on most days. I enjoy seeing some cattle, the hay bales in the fields, and all the other farm scenes that we enjoy. Just a few weeks ago, I noticed something new. He has added a pasture of sheep.

Here's a picture I snapped last week of some of his flock. You'll see that they really enjoy the shade of this tree that is close to the road. When I got out of the car, and walked toward them they got a little excited.

A friend
told me that these are Hair Sheep. You can learn a little about them here at Sheep101.

This second picture is another Hair Sheep called a "Shedding" Sheep. This sheep was also in his pasture. I thought this was interesting.

My friend also told me that he had heard that the farmer is raising them for meat that is sold to Food City. I have not verified this. But I don't like the thought of these creatures being slaughtered... they are just too gentle and innocent.

~~~

I heard
that a state trooper pulled over a pickup on I-40 in Knoxville the other day.

The trooper asked, "Got any I. D.?"

The driver replied, "Bout whut?"

~~~

Quotes of the Day
Don't wait for your ship to come in - swim out to it.
~Author Unknown

~~~
Joke of the Day
A little girl was talking to her teacher about whales.

The teacher said it was physically impossible for a whale to swallow a human because even though they were a very large mammal their throat was very small.

The little girl stated Jonah was swallowed by a whale.

The teacher reiterated a whale could not swallow a human; it was impossible.

The little girl said, "When I get to heaven I will ask Jonah."

The teacher asked, "What if Jonah went to hell?"

The little girl replied, "Then you ask him."

Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: