Monday, June 2, 2008

Let's Take a Walk

Good Neighbors
Last night we were invited next door to have dinner with our neighbors. Helen fixed a wonderful meal and Kenneth grilled some delicious hamburgers. They wanted to say bye to Jade, who will be leaving Tennessee tomorrow. Helen and Kenneth kept Jade when we were out of town and have been our good friends and neighbors for over 40 years. Kenneth is a substitute teacher and gave Jade many a ride to school. We appreciate them so much. Here's a picture of Jade with them that I took last evening.


A Walk You'll Remember
Take a walk on the El camino del Rey. The trail was built in 1901. It is very dangerous! Check it out below:



Read more about this dangerous trail at Wikipedia.

~~~
Quote of the Day
Remember, if you’re headed in the wrong direction,
God allows U-turns!
~Allison Gappa Bottke

~~~
Joke of the Day
Two little boys are in a hospital and are lying next to each other. The first boy leans over and asks, “What are you in here for?”

The second replies, “I’m in here to get my tonsils out and I’m a little nervous.”

The first boy says, “You’ve got nothing to worry about. I had that done to me once. They put you to sleep and when you wake up they give you lots of jello and ice cream. It’s a piece of cake!”

The second boy then asks, “What are you in here for?”

The first boy replies, “Well, I’m here for a circumcision.” The second says, “Whoa! I had that done when I was born. I couldn’t walk for a year!!!”

Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: