Monday, February 4, 2008

Progress Report

Progress Report
My New Year's resolution is still on track. You can check my scoreboard in the right column. It's been exactly 4 weeks today since I started my exercise and diet plan. It's working. I've lost an average of about 3 pounds per week. I'm pleased with that. I'm feeling better already. Thanks to all who have encouraged me.

Last Saturday
We had a wonderful day last Saturday. We sure were glad that Dad and Mary could visit us in Kingsport. They got here early, and Dad got a cup of good coffee, before we headed out at 9:30 for the games! First, we watched Zachary play in his game, then went to Kara's school to watch her game. After the games we went to Raffael's (Italian) for lunch. After a hearty lunch we headed to our house for some more celebrations. We had gifts from Mary and Dad for Kara for her birthday... and gifts for Kara and Zachary for this past Christmas. It was so enjoyable to watch them open their fun gifts and see their excitement! Then we had some more recent birthdays to celebrate for Beverly and Mary. See them in this picture with the big cookie that was delicious.

Beverly's birthday was last Wednesday. Mary's birthday is tomorrow!!!

~~~
Quote of the Day
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death.
I assure you, it's much more serious than that.”
~ Bill Shankly

~~~
Joke of the Day

A man had 50 yard line tickets for the Super Bowl. As he sits down, a man comes down and asked the man if anyone is sitting in the seat next to him "No", he said, "the seat is empty".

"This is incredible", said the man. "Who in their right mind would have a seat like this for the Super Bowl , the biggest sport event in the world, and not use it ?"

Somberly, the man says, "Well... the seat actually belongs to me. I was supposed to come here with my wife, but she passed away. This is the first Super Bowl we have not been together since we got married in 1967."

"Oh I'm sorry to hear that. That's terrible. But couldn't you find someone else - a friend or relative or even a neighbor to take the seat?"

The man shakes his head , "No. They're all at the funeral."

Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: