Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Happy Birthday Mary!!!

February 5 - Mary L. White's Birthday

Happy Birthday, Mary. I'm glad you're my sister! I hope you have a wonderful day.

Mary is a wonderful sister. She is thoughtful, kind and always puts others first. She is very creative and an excellent poet. I have shared some of her poems with you in the past. Today I'll share what I think is one of her best works of poetry.

Snowflakes and Dear Ones

Gentle snowflakes fall upon me,
Melting fast upon my face,
There's no way that I can keep them,
If in my heart they have no place

Very fragile, very special,
Are these snowflakes from the sky
They remind me of my dear ones,
As they gracefully flutter by.

Scarcely do I see their beauty,
Barely do their rare imprints
Fix themselves upon my fingers,
Till I'm wondering where they went.

In this world so temporary,
Filled with ephemeral things,
Surely everything is fleeting,
Flying 'way on speeding wings.

Like the snowflakes that are melting,
When they touch my skin so warm,
Yes, myself, my friends, my family,
We're on that solemn journey home.

Snowflakes can't be kept in bottles,
You can't grasp them as they fly,
You just have to dearly love them,
As they slowly flutter by.

We cannot keep what can't be held,
And just as snowflakes disappear,
Often on life's lonely landscape
We're deprived of what is dear.

Yet no one really leaves us,
Though we're far, so far apart,
As long as we believe in snowflakes,
And keep them always in our hearts.

~ Mary L. White

Now, isn't that just wonderful poetry. My sister did that!!!


~~~
Quotes of the Day
We know we're getting old when the only thing
we want for our birthday is not to be reminded of it.
~Author Unknown

They say that age is all in your mind.
The trick is keeping it from creeping down into your body.
~Author Unknown

~~~
Joke of the Day

A man and his wife were having some problems at home and were giving each other the silent treatment. Suddenly, the man realized that the next day, he would need his wife to wake him at 5:00 am for an early morning business flight.

Not wanting to be the first to break the silence (and LOSE), he wrote on a piece of paper, "Please wake me at 5:00 am" He left it where he knew she would find it.

The next morning the man woke up, only to discover it was 9:00 AM and he had missed his flight. Furious, he was about to go and see why his wife hadn't wakened him, when he noticed a piece of paper by the bed. The paper said, "It is 5:00 AM Wake up."

Men are not equipped for these kinds of contests.

Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: