Saturday, February 23, 2008

Fun with Lego

Kevin, my son, was in Florida last week on a business trip. While there he visited the Lego store and snapped this picture. The people and dogs are all made of the Lego building blocks. Isn't it amazing what they can do with Lego.














Both Kara and Zachary love playing with the Lego building blocks. Here's a picture of Zachary and Beverly playing with the Lego blocks. I think Beverly enjoyed it as much as Zachary. Look at all the interesting things they made.

When I was a boy, we had Lincoln Logs. I don't think plastic had been invented yet. Ha!
I do remember going to town with my Mother. Sometimes she would buy me a toy. I do remember to look closely at the toys and see where they were made. If they said "Made in Japan" I definitely did not let Mom buy it for me, because I knew it was JUNK. But that was in the late 1940's and early 1950's. My how things have changed. Now when we see "Made in Japan" it is a sign of QUALITY!

~~~

Quote of the Day

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems,
but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
~ Herm Albright

~~~
Joke of the Day

A couple of Alabama hunters are out in the woods when one of them falls to the ground. He doesn’t seem to be breathing, his eyes are rolled back in his head.

The other guy whips out his cell phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps to the operator: “My friend is dead! What can I do?”

The operator, in a calm, soothing voice, says: “Just take it easy. I can help. First, let’s make sure he’s dead.”

There is a silence, then a shot is heard. The guy’s voice comes back on the line. He says: “Okay, now what?”

Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: