Friday, January 18, 2008

Snow and the Fishing Show

Yesterday morning we had snow. And after Jade got up and saw the snow, it wasn't long until she was outside. We saw her in the front yard. What was she doing? When she came inside she said we should look outside at the yard from the upstairs window. This picture shows what we saw. How about that girl!

~~~

Yesterday was a good day. A couple of my fishing buddies (Doug and Ralph) and I drove down to Knoxville to visit the Fishing Show held at Chilhowee Park. This is an annual event where various fishing related vendors set up booths to demonstrate and sell their products. We enjoyed looking at the new fishing boats, and all the related equipment. I bought some plastic lures for crappie fishing in some new colors that I know will be great.

After we finished at the Fishing show it was about time to eat supper. So we stopped at a Cracker Barrel that was on the way home up at Exit 407 on Interstate 40. After supper we saw that we were so close to that Bass Pro Shop, that it would be a shame not to stop and take a look. And I was thinking about that gift card that Bethany gave me for my birthday that was in my wallet. We enjoyed a lot of looking and a little buying and then came back to Kingsport. A good day.

And... I forgot to tell you about my wallet. No I didn't lose it, but I left it in Knoxville on Wednesday (when I went down to spend the Tuesday night with Dad). So Dad and Mary met us at Exit 398 on the way down to the fishing show so I would have my money and my gift card, and of course my drivers license. A special thanks to Mary and Dad for going out of their way to help forgetful granddaddy. This also gave Dad and Mary an opportunity to meet Doug and Ralph. Dad hopped out of the car when they arrived and began to tell Doug and Ralph that they better watch who they were running around with, as they would undoubtedly ruin their reputation. How about my Dad!

~~~
Quote of the Day
Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing,
wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating;
there is really no such thing as bad weather,
only different kinds of good weather.
~John Ruskin


~~~
Joke of the Day

Sunday morning, the pastor noticed little Alex standing in the foyer of the church staring up at a large plaque.

It was covered with names with small American flags mounted on either side of it. The seven year old had been staring at the plaque for some time, so the pastor walked up,stood beside the little boy,and said quietly:"Good morning, Alex." "Good morning, Pastor, what is this?" he asked the pastor.

The pastor said, "Well, son, it's a memorial plaque to all the young men and women who died in the Service."

Soberly, they just stood together, staring at the large plaque.

Finally, little Alex's voice, barely audible and trembling with fear, asked: "Which service, the 8:30 or the 10:45?"

Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: