Monday, January 7, 2008

Good Monday Morning!

Good Morning! I hope everyone is doing great this Monday morning. I got some interesting things to tell you about today. The first is about politics. I have found a site that may help you choose the best candidate for you, based on your position on the issues. The second is a very interesting picture for you to study. Third, I have a link to web cams around the world that may interest you. And last, I have some safety tips for you. All that's in addition to my quote and joke of the day.

Do You Have Your Candidate Selected?

Dad sent me something very interesting and useful a few days ago. It is an interesting exercise that helps you determine who you should vote for based on HOW YOU STAND on certain issues. If you're not sure who to vote for, or want to see where your candidates stands on your issues, you might want to try this out. You answer a few questions then click the "find your candidate button" and the program selects the candidate whose position on the issues is most like your own.

Take the Select A Candidate Quiz. I did this a few days ago and I was surprised by the candidate that was closest to my views. (No, it was not Hillary! Ha!)

A Very Interesting Picture
This picture of the camels is a most interesting picture. It was named
picture of the year back in 2005. What makes the picture unusual is that the black camels you see are actually the shadows of the camels. Look closely and you can see the little white spots that are the actual camels. In this picture the shadows are most dominant!

Webcams

This was sent to
me last week by Walter. It's a link to web cams around the world. You might find this interesting. It is provided by FOX News, click on

A Public Service Message
This is an important safety message from
The Broward Sheriff's Office in Broward County, Florida. It applies to all of us and deals with you protecting yourself from theft. Click on the "Be Safe".


One more safety tip
: Please do not talk on your cell phone when filling your car up with gasoline. Not only do you endanger yourself, but everyone around you. Read on:
While the possibility is remote, why take the chance.

~~~
Quote of the Day

Remember, half the people you know are below average.
~ Author Unknown

~~~
Joke of the Day

A famous art collector is walking through the city when he notices a mangy cat lapping milk from a saucer in the doorway of a store and he does a double take. He recognizes that the saucer is extremely old and very valuable, so he walks casually into the store and offers to buy the cat for two dollars.

The store owner replies "I'm sorry, but the cat isn't for sale.

The collector says, "Please, I need a hungry cat around the house to catch mice. I'll pay you twenty dollars for that cat."

And the owner says "Sold," and hands over the cat.

The collector continues, "Hey, for the twenty bucks I wonder if you could throw in that old saucer. The cat's used to it and it'll save me from having to get a dish."

And the store owner says, "Sorry buddy, but that's my lucky saucer. So far this week I've sold sixty-eight cats."

Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: