What’s the Most Important?
I ran across the following list the other day. I thought it was pretty good. I feel that I have learned all those things, and a few more also. Read the list—it will give you something to think about.
- I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.
- I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.
- I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you'll miss them when they're gone from your life.
- I've learned that making a "living" is not the same thing as making a "life."
- I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance.
- I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands. You need to be able to throw something back.
- I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision.
- I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back.
- I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.
- I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
I believe that it's taking me a long time to become the person I want to be, and I’m not going to quit trying.
Joke of the Day
There once was a man who was starting up a small zoo. He had received all the animals he wanted for his zoo from fellow zoo's and game parks around the area, except the Mongoose. So the man decided to write a letter to the largest zoo in the area and it went like this:
To whom it may concern... I would like to purchase 2 Mongeese from you... He thought that did not sound right so he started again.
I would like to purchase 2 Mongooses from you. Now the man still thought that this didn't sound at all right, so he tried again:
I would like to purchase 2 Mongi from your zoo... The man was on the verge of giving up, until he had a great idea...
To whom it may concern... I would like to purchase 1 Mongoose from your zoo. And while you’re at it, could you please send another Mongoose with that one.
(in case you are wondering,
the correct plural of mongoose is mongooses.)
Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below