Friday, March 25, 2011

Fishing Weather?

Too Windy
The weather for fishing has not been good. We’ve had lots of wind in East Tennessee. Our trip to Douglas Lake last Friday only resulted in 8 fish. On Tuesday Doug and I thought we we try Boone Lake for crappie. Again, we had to fight the wind and did not catch a single crappie. But we did end up with two nice fish: A smallmouth bass that went well over 3 pounds, and a striped bass weighing nearly 7 pounds. Here my fishing buddy, Doug holding the catch.

IMG_0694

 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
I’m thankful that I have been able to go fishing again this year. As I look ahead (if I live) I know the day will come when I will not have the ability to go out on the lake and fish. We need to appreciate and be thankful for our health.

In future days our health will change,
And in all likelihood it will be for the worse.

~~~
Quote of the Day
Kissing is a means of getting two people so close together that they can't see anything wrong
with each other. 
~Rene Yasenek

~~~
Joke of the Day

A man found a brass lamp, rubbed it vigorously, and a genie appeared.

"For freeing me from the lamp, I will grant you any wish you desire," the genie said.

The man replied, "I want a spectacular job. A challenge that no man has ever succeeded at or has ever even dared try."

"Poof!" Said the genie. "You're a housewife."



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

1 comment:

Boriqua said...

I hope your next fishing trip isn't as windy. :)

And that joke is awesome -- thanks for the laugh!