Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring Has Sprung

Yard Work Begins
This past weekend I mowed the lawn and did some weed eating for the first time.

My friend Ralph often says when we are out fishing, “A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of weed eating.” I agree with him.

My best friend Jack Beverly who passed away a few years ago used a weed eater around his house. But his wife made him stop. He kept cutting down her flowers. He also told me that all his trees had a little ring around them where he had cut them with the weed eater.

But I thought I should warn you to be careful when you are weed eating. Look what can happen if you have a Stihl brand.

 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Always remember that life is Beautiful,
and so are you!

~~~
Quote of the Day
Are you beautiful because I love you,
Or do I love you because you are beautiful?
~?

~~~
Joke of the Day

A minister was completing a temperance sermon. With great emphasis he said, "If I had all the beer in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river." 

With even greater emphasis he said, "And if I had all the wine in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river."

And then finally, shaking his fist in the air, he Said, "And if I had all the whiskey in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river.."

Sermon complete, he sat down.

The song leader stood very cautiously and announced With a smile, nearly laughing, "For our closing song, Let us sing Hymn #365, 'Shall We Gather at the River.'"



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: