Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Update

Rehab
The rehab for my knee seems to be going good. It seems they are working to build up the strength in the knee. The flexibility has improved over the last 3 weeks.

Fishing Tackle
I got an order from Cabela’s by UPS a few days ago. I used some gift cards that I had gotten for my birthday to put in an order just before Christmas. I need to go through this order and restock my tackle boxes. It won’t be long until fishing time. We usually start in March, and I feel confident that I will be ready, willing and able!

CabelasIf you like the outdoors you need to check out Cabela’s website. They have great deals and often have free shipping. In Tennessee you also get zero taxes so you can save money by shopping at Cabela’s.

P1060588This picture show me holding a couple of big Crappie we caught on Douglas Lake last year. (Hey Beverly. I think it’s time to thaw some of those crappie and have a fish fry later this week. OK Sweetie?)

 
 
 
 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
It is easy to get discouraged at this time of the year. The holidays are over, and sometimes we get a little sad. Well, don’t let it get you down. It is good to be alive. Find something to enjoy these cold winter days. You might enjoy reading a good book.

~~~
Quote of the Day
And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

~~~

Joke of the Day

A famous art collector is walking through the city when he notices a mangy cat lapping milk from a saucer in the doorway of a store and he does a double-take. He recognizes that the saucer is extremely old and very valuable, so he walks casually into the store and offers to buy the cat for two dollars.

The storeowner replies, "I'm sorry, but the cat isn't for sale.

The collector says, "Please, I need a hungry cat around the house to catch mice. I'll pay you twenty dollars for that cat."

And the owner says "Sold," and hands over the cat.

The collector continues, "Hey, for the twenty bucks I wonder if you could throw in that old saucer. The cat's used to it and it'll save me from having to get a dish."

And the owner says, "Sorry buddy, but that's my lucky saucer. So far this week I've sold sixty-eight cats."


Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: