Friday, January 21, 2011

Laugh At This!

Why Does Bill Dance Even Try to Fish?
If will make you wonder when you watch this video of some of his fishing bloopers. You can’t help but laugh…

Jack Said
My dear fishing buddy, Jack Beverly, who passed away a few years ago told me a funny story. He took his wife fishing. Everything seemed to go wrong. The lines got tangled, the lures got hung, etc. He was fuming and fussing all day. He got so mad he was slamming things around, and continued complaining about things. The fish would not even bite.

Finally, his wife Joyce, said to him, “Jack, this is awful. Why do you even go fishing?”

Jack, still working on a tangle line, replied, “Because I enjoy it so much!”

 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
There is something about fishing that produces a peacefulness of the mind. Maybe not everyday, because you can have some bad experiences that can ruin a day of fishing. For example, breaking a $100 fishing rod by slamming a car door on it can do harm to your peacefulness of mind.
My approach is to go fishing for the adventure and for the enjoyment of nature. If you catch fish, then that’s a bonus. I never feel cheated if I come home empty handed, if I’ve felt the wind in my face, the rocking of the waves, and the warmth of sunshine on my back.

~~~
Quote of the Day
The cure for boredom is curiosity. 
There is no cure for curiosity. 
~Dorothy Parker

~~~
Joke of the Day

Mr. Johnson was overweight, so his doctor put him on a diet.

He said; “I want you to eat regularly for two days, then skip a day, and repeat this procedure for two weeks. The next time I see you, you should have lost at least five pounds.”

When Mr. Johnson returned, he shocked the doctor by having dropped almost twenty pounds.

“Why, that’s amazing!” the doctor told him. “You did this just by following my instructions?”

The slimmed down Mr. Johnson nodded. “I’ll tell you, though, I though I was going to drop dead that third day.”

“From hunger, you mean.”

“No,” replied Mr. Johnson, “from skipping.”



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: