Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year! It’s 1/1/11.

I have a Teenage Granddaughter!
Kara was thirteen years old yesterday. Here’s a couple of pictures…

She’s a southpaw just like my wife. She liked this T-shirt. It said, “I may be left-handed, but I’m always right!” IMG_0517
Kara designed this special ice cream cake that was made up of chocolate-peanut butter ice cream, Oreo cookies, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, etc. IMG_0522

Fireworks!
If you did not get to see any fireworks last night, I have just what you need. This video has the most beautiful fireworks display I have ever seen. The clock tower is Big Ben in London.

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
New Year's Day Prayer for One and All:

Dear Lord
So far this year I've done well.
I haven't gossiped, I haven't lost my temper, I haven't been greedy, grumpy, nasty, selfish, or overindulgent. I'm very thankful for that.  But in a few minutes, Lord, I'm going to get out of bed, and from then on I'm probably going to need a lot more help. Amen

 

~~~
Quote of the Day
Be always at war with your vices,
at peace with your neighbors,
and let each New Year find you a better man.
~ Benjamin Franklin

~~~
Joke of the Day

A little girl was in church with her mother when she started feeling ill. "Mommy," she said, "can we leave now?"

"No," her mother replied.

"Well, I think I have to throw up!"

"Then go out the front door and around to the back of the church and throw up behind a bush." After about 60 seconds the little girl returned to her seat.

"Did you throw up?" Mom asked.

"Yes."

"How could you have gone all the way to the back of the church and returned so quickly?"

"I didn't have to go out of the church, Mommy. They have a box next to the front door that says, 'For the Sick.' 


Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

1 comment:

John White said...

Happy New Year, Jim & Beverly. Enjoyed seeing the pictures of Kara...wish her a Happy Birthday for us. We are bringing in the New Year in Nashville.
John