Friday, October 2, 2009

Needs and Wants

Priorities
Do you know the difference between a need and want? I’m sure you do. But sometimes we may let our wants take control of our emotions. I believe as we get older and wiser we think more about true needs and the want list gets very short in terms of material things.

As we get older we start looking beyond the sunset of this life to the great beyond. So material things don’t seem to matter very much at all. I’d like to be able to set my priorities better in the coming days. We have a hymn that in one verse it says to help me to see things now as I will when time and seasons are no more.

Need or Want Shoes?
niceshoes Look at the feet of this dear woman. I don’t know where she lives, but she lives in poverty for sure. Does she need shoes? Yes. Does she want shoes? Maybe. She might be perfectly content with what is on her feet, but I doubt it. How many pairs of shoes are in your closet?

 

 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something. Let us be unselfish in our doing.

~~~
Quote of the Day
In about the same degree as you are helpful,
you will be happy.
~Karl Reiland

~~~
Joke of the Day

A State Policeman stopped a car full of nuns and asked the nun who was clutching the wheel if she knew how fast she was driving.

She replied, "Yes, officer, I was going 20 mph."

He asked her if she knew what the speed limit was on that road and she said, "It is 20 mph, I saw a sign a little way back that said so."

He said, "Sister, the speed limit is 65 mph., I stopped you because you were driving too slow. The sign that you saw a little way back was I-20 and that means this is Interstate 20."

She apologized and explained that they didn’t get out much and she didn’t know that.

He looked in the back seat and saw three nuns, pale as ghost, sweating and clutching the seat in front of them.

He asked, "What is wrong with them?"

She replied, "I just got off of I-95."



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

1 comment:

peggy said...

Thank you for the post about needs and wants. I don't usually comment here but I enjoy looking at all your fishing pictures and your jokes. This morning I said that I wish we knew the lady in the bottle shoes so we could send her some. Our lives are abundant and we don't even realize it.

It is so nice to read your posts. Have a good Friday.