Monday, October 12, 2009

Home Again!

There’s No Place Like Home
We enjoyed our church convention immensely, but still it was good to get back home in your own bed, etc.

Doctor Appointment
Today I go to the heart center to have test run: an echo cardiogram. Then this Friday I will have an EKG and then see my heart doctor to discuss the results the tests including my last heart cath.

Honesty
One thing about this little cartoon… the guy is honest, but it may hurt him.

why2

Fishing
I’m getting a strong urge to go fishing. I’m hope to get up a trip real soon before it get too windy and cold.

A little funny: Some people talk a lot. Trying to get a word in is very difficult. Someone said with with some people trying to get a word in edgewise is like trying to thread a needle on a sewing machine with the machine running.

 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Five words of a nurse’s motto are: Mercy, Care, Quality, Dignity, Commitment. Those are good words to make part of our life as we live on this earth.

~~~
Quote of the Day
Everyone must take time to sit and
watch the leaves turn. 
~Elizabeth Lawrence

~~~
Joke of the Day

A guy walks into a shoe store and asks for a pair of shoes, size 8. The obviously well trained salesman says, "But sir, you take an 11 or eleven-and-a-half."

"Just bring me a size eight."

The sales guy brings them and the man stuffs his feet into them and stands up in obvious pain. He turns to the salesman and says, "I've lost my house to the IRS, I live with my mother-in-law, my daughter ran off with a deadbeat, my business has filed Chapter 7, and my son just told me he was gay. The only pleasure I have left is to come home at night and take my shoes off."



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

1 comment:

Ethel said...

you sound like a great guy!