Thursday, June 10, 2010

Tennessee Trophy Fish Award

Tennessee Granddaddy Got An Award
On May 7 of this year I caught a nice size crappie. By Tennessee’s Angler Recognition Program it was a trophy fish. I sent in a photo verifying the size of the fish, a completed form and $5.00, and in return TWRA sent me this nice certificate.

My friend and fishing buddy, Ralph, also received an award this year. If fact we have caught 6 fish earlier  this year that would quality for the crappie award.

IMG_3368It would be quite a feat to get a certificate for several fish varieties. I was thinking about an award for some of these large lake trout we had been catching. A week or so ago we caught some that were 25 inches. I checked the minimum length for an award for lake trout, and it was 28”. That’s a lot bigger than we have ever caught. Maybe one day we’ll catch a few that big.

logoClick on the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency logo to the right to learn more about TARP,  the Tennessee Angler Recognition Program.

Speaking of Fishing
Doug and I went to Watauga on Monday of this week. We caught some nice trout (7 total) including two six pound lake trout. These miss the Angular Recognition Program by 3 inches, but they were trophies in my book.P1060666 

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
If people had their priorities right, there would be more people outside enjoying nature, taking walks and fishing. There might even be a shortage of fishing poles.

~~~
Quote of the Day
Efficiency is intelligent laziness.
~David Dunham

~~~
Joke of the Day

An efficiency expert concluded his lecture with a note of caution. "You don't want to try these techniques at home."

"Why not?" asked someone from the back of the audience.

"I watched my wife's routine at breakfast for years," the expert explained. "She made lots of trips to the refrigerator, stove, table and cabinets, often carrying just a single item at a time. 'Hon,' I suggested, 'Why don't you try carrying several things at once?'"

The voice from the back asked, "Did it save time?"

The expert replied, "Actually, yes. It used to take her 20 minutes to get breakfast ready. Now I do it in seven"
     



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

1 comment:

Dar said...

Now your 'fishin'. Wow, Jim, what dandy trout and an award for such a fine crappie. They have me drooling all over. And you are so right about priorities. The St. Croix Rod company is right here in Park Falls, WI where I live. I used to wind a pretty mean rod for them, til my arthritic hands gave out. I could have fixed you up pretty good back in the day.
Love the joke! Bill and I have an understanding...do it yourself or get out of my kitchen. LOL We have become quite 'efficient'.

Yearning to Wet a Line
BlessYourHeart