When I saw this Post-It Note on the gas pump at our local Food City Gas & Go station I had to take a picture. I tried to reconstruct what happened. Maybe it went like this…
The payment machine on the pump ran out of paper. The boss said to put a note on the pump. The employee put a note “Out of Order” on the pump. So then people stopped using the pump for gas. The boss found out and told the employee that he should change the note to say the payment thing on the pump is not giving receipts. So the employee goes back with his pen in hand, but there’s a problem! Duh… how do you spell receipt? Reipes or Rcipes I think. Well, that’s close enough.
Getting help from God to forgive a sin in your life consists of 6 steps.
1) You must have a sin (who doesn’t?)
2) You must have a desire for God to help you
3) You must be willing for God’s help
4) You must have faith the God will forgive & help
5) You show thankfulness to God that you were forgiven
6) You are obedient so you will not need help in this same matter again and again.
than the devil; not that he practices it,
but he suffers from it.
~Guy H. King
Joke of the Day
A preacher's little boy inquired, "Daddy, I notice every Sunday morning when you first come out to preach, you sit up on the platform and bow your head. What are you doing?"
The father explained, "I'm asking the Lord to give me a good sermon."
The little boy said, "Then why doesn't he?"