Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father’s Day

June 20, 2010
I don’t usually make a post on Sunday, but today is special. It’s Father’s Day! hfd
I want to tell you about a couple of Dads in my life that mean a lot to me.

First I want to wish my own Dad a happy father’s day! If you know him, you know what a special person he is. If you don’t know him personally, you may of heard of his blog: Dad’s Tomato Garden. Dad always taught by example. He was and still is a man of the highest honesty and integrity. Some of the things he taught me through the years: Put God first, Work hard and never quit, You’re never too old to learn and try something new, Drive safely, Be kind to everyone, Smile, Help another when the opportunity is there, etc.

Second, I want to wish my own son, Kevin, a happy father’s day. He has two wonderful children. He is a devoted and caring father who puts his family first. He’s teaching his children the same things my Dad taught me. 

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
I’m a lucky man. Here I am heading toward 72 years of age, and I still have my Dad to enjoy.

~~~
Quotes of the Day
He didn't tell me how to live; he lived,
and let me watch him do it.
~Clarence Budington Kelland
 
Dad, you're someone to look up to no matter
how tall I've grown.
~Author Unknown

The greatest gift I ever had
Came from God; I call him Dad!
~Author Unknown


~~~
Joke of the Day

When my sister, Mary, was in grammar school, she was doing her homework one evening. We we all sitting around the room. Mom was close by, maybe in the kitchen. Dad was intently reading the newspaper.

Mary asked Dad, “Daddy, have you ever been to Africa?”

Daddy never looked up or stopped reading, but he replied with a question, “No, have you?”

(This is one of those family stories that we tell often. Dad just smiles.)



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

1 comment:

Helen said...

Happy Father's Day to Dad, You and Kevin.
Funny joke about Mary and Dad. Helen