Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Farm Beauty

Just Plain Old Hay
I just love going by a hay field and seeing the bales of hay left by the baler. It’s just plain pretty to me. I took the picture below just a day or so ago. This field is not far from our home. The highway you see in the distance in Interstate 26.P1060660 

 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
I think there’s a lot of truth in the quote of the day (below). I also think there’s a lot of medicinal power in being outside and enjoying nature and seeing and smelling those hay fields.

~~~
Quote of the Day
The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease.
~Voltaire

~~~
Joke of the Day

A woman goes to the doctor for her yearly physical and the nurse starts with certain basic items.

"How much do you weigh?" she asks.

"115," she says.

The nurse puts her on the scale and it turns out her weight is 140.

The nurse asks, "Your height?"

"5 foot 8," she says.

The nurse checks and tells her that she only measures 5' 5".

The nurse then takes her blood pressure and tells the woman it is very high.

"Of course it's high!" the woman screams,
"When I came in here I was tall and slender! Now I'm short and fat!"



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: