Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Alps

Night Time Lapse
Michael Rissi does some beautiful photography. Just look at the night time lapse shots he took of the Alps, mostly from cottages of the Swiss Alpine Club.

Check out his website here at Magic Time Lapse.

Update on Mary
On Feb. 4, my sister, Mary, had an evaluation by Dr. Hedera, who specializes in Parkinson's Disease at the Vanderbilt Clinic in Nashville. Dr. Hedera confirmed that Mary has Parkinson tremors, plus a second type of genetic tremor. These two types of tremors are related, but are so different that they have to be treated separately.

The doctor changed one of Mary's medications, for something a little stronger that he thought might be more effective. He also added a second prescription medication which held promise in reducing the tremors and improving muscle use. For some time Mary has not been able to walk with a normal gait. She also has great difficulty in rising from a sitting position. The doctor explained that both of these symptoms are the result of the muscles losing the ability to initiate movement, which is characteristic of Parkinson's Disease.

Dr. Hedera will be Mary's doctor on this illness, and a computer network account has been set up for their direct communication. Mary also submitted a blood sample which will be used anonymously in Vanderbilt's research efforts. Her follow-up appointment will be in 4 months.

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
There’s an old saying that goes something like this…

Help thy brother's boat across, and lo!
thine own has reached the shore

~~~
Quote of the Day
Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failure. 
~Don Wilder and Bill Rechin

~~~
Joke of the Day

A rancher named Clyde had a car accident. In court, the trucking company's fancy lawyer was questioning Clyde.
"Didn't you say, at the scene of the accident, 'I'm fine,'" asked the lawyer.

Clyde responded, "Well, I'll tell you what happened. I had just loaded my favorite mule, Bessie, into the..."

"I didn't ask for any details", the lawyer interrupted. "Just answer the question. Did you not say, at the scene of the accident, 'I'm fine!'?

Clyde said, "Well, I had just got Bessie into the trailer and I was driving down the road...

"The lawyer interrupted again and said, "Judge, I am trying to establish the fact that, at the scene of the accident, this man told the Highway Patrolman on the scene that he was just fine. Now several weeks after the accident he is trying to sue my client. I believe he is a fraud. Please tell him to simply answer the question."

By this time, the Judge was fairly interested in Clyde's answer and said to the lawyer, "I'd like to hear what he has to say about his favorite mule, Bessie."

Clyde thanked the Judge and proceeded, "Well as I was saying, I had just loaded Bessie, my favorite mule, into the trailer and was driving her down the highway when this huge semi-truck and trailer ran the stop sign and smacked my truck right in the side. I was thrown into one ditch and Bessie was thrown into the other. I was hurting, real bad and didn't want to move.

However, I could hear ole Bessie moaning and groaning. I knew she was in terrible shape just by her groans. Shortly after the accident a Highway Patrolman came on the scene. He could hear Bessie moaning and groaning so he went over to her. After he looked at her, he took out his gun and shot her between the eyes.

Then the Patrolman came across the road, gun in hand, looked at me, and said "How are you feeling?"

"Now what the heck would you say?"



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: