Friday, September 11, 2009

Water Bloopers

Video Makes You Say Ouch!
Here’s a funny video I ran across recently with some clips of bloopers around the water. I took particular note of this since we had just returned from the cabin and had been involved in some water sports. I watched the video to make sure I wasn’t in it. I wasn’t. Whew!  Enjoy!


happy_birthday_flower-1561Happy Birthday, Jade!

Today is Jade’s birthday and we wish we could be with her on her special day! Jade is in Utah and that’s a long way from us here in Tennessee. Papa and Nana wish Jade a very happy birthday!
 

Fishing Report
Ralph and I had a fun, bouncy, and interesting day on the water yesterday. We went to Watauga Lake and the wind nearly blew us off the lake… all day long. We did catch fish. We brought home 4 nice trout, and had released 3 others to give them the opportunity to grow larger. Here’s a picture of what the lake looked like when it was calm. The lake was usually wall to wall with white caps.P1060288

 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
It’s so easy to be judgmental to all those we come in contact with, both to friends and strangers. It would be better if we just lived a true example. I remember hearing that the only judgment we should apply here on this earth is judge ourselves. For others we should apply mercy and love.

~~~
Quote of the Day

Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't.
— Erica Jong


~~~
Joke of the Day

This is one of my favorite all time jokes!

It seems there was an old pirate living in the Black Flag Pirate Retirement Community who was being inter-viewed by the new, young house doctor.

The old pirate was your typical pirate, peg leg, hook for a hand and a patch over one eye. The young doctor was trying to get his medical history. "Well," says the pirate, “We was bombarding this Spanish fort when this cannonball hits me ship and blasts off me leg."

"And the hand?" asks the doctor.

The pirate says, "I tell you sonny, we had boarded this fine ship and there was fighting going on all around.
This mate I was battling was pretty good and he made a lucky swipe with his sword and took me hand clean off."

"OK," said the doctor; "How about your eye?"

"Well," said the pirate; "I was standing on the deck one day when a seagull flew down and pooped in me eye."

"Wait a minute," said the young doctor. "Do you expect me to believe that you lost your eye because some bird pooped in it?"

“Well," said the old pirate; "It was the first day I got me new hook!"



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: