Monday, September 28, 2009

Back Home

Knoxville Convention
We returned home last night from a wonderful four days of our church convention. I’m be working on my “gems” in the next few days and will try to have them ready to share with you by this weekend.

A Big Trout
48lbTROUT Here’s a picture of the biggest rainbow trout I have ever seen. The fish weighed 48 pounds and was caught in Lake Diefenbaker which is in Southern Saskatchewan, Canada. That sure makes those 6-7 pound trout we’ve been catching locally look kind of puny.

There is some question whether the trout is truly a new world record. Read more about it.

 

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
I’ve always wondered why people playing bagpipes always walk when they play. I think I’ve figured it out. They are trying to get away from the noise.

~~~
Quote of the Day
“Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives.”
~ William James

~~~
Joke of the Day

My friend is so cheap. He didn't want to waste cheese, so he set a mouse trap using a picture of some cheese. Any luck? Yeah. He caught a picture of a mouse.

And….

Bill and Steve are sitting in a bar watching the 11 o'clock news. The lead-off story concerns a woman on an eleventh floor ledge announcing her intention to jump. 'I'll bet you $25 she doesn't jump.' says Bill. Steve takes the bet, but sure enough, the woman jumps. 'I can't take your money, Bill.' says Steve, 'I saw the story on the 6 o'clock news, so I knew she'd jump.' 'No, take it -- I saw the 6 o'clock news too, but I was sure that this time she wouldn't do it.'

And…

A child psychologist from NYU is studying the limits of optimism in children, by placing them in a small room filled with horse manure, and observing their behavior. When one of the most optimistic children is placed in the room, she happily runs around digging through the manure. The psychologist is overcome with curiosity, enters the room and asks the child 'What are you doing?' 'Well,' says the small girl, 'I figure with all this manure, there's got to be a pony in here somewhere.



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: