Thursday, September 17, 2009

My Hospital Visit

Spent 1 Night
I got home after one night in the hospital yesterday around Noon. They did the heart cath and found a 100% blockage. It was in my first stent that was inserted in 2002. It was clogged so bad they could not open it up. But the doctor said to smile and not worry, that everything was fine. He said I was still getting 80% blood flow to that part of my heart via new arteries that had grown voluntary to provide good blood flow. The stent that got clogged was one of the older stents that was not drug treated. The other 2 stents that I have are drug treated and are doing great with no clogging.

He’s also put me on a new medication to help blood flow called Isosorb Mono. The Doc said I would be back to full speed within a couple of weeks.

This event was just a checkup based on the stress test results. I did not have a heart attack, so I am very encouraged by what I was told yesterday before I left the hospital.

You may wonder about my blood test and probably think I have very high cholesterol. My total cholesterol runs around 141 with a LDL of 85 and a HDL of 40. That’s not real high, I think.

I was a little tired yesterday, but today has started off good and I feel great. I can’t go back to my normal work outs at the gym for a couple of weeks. And it also means no fishing for a few weeks. Now that is discouraging.

Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Hope is a wonderful comfort.
Make sure your hope is securely anchored. No one wants to be left holding the end of a useless rope.

Quote of the Day
God gives every bird its food,
but He does not throw it into its nest. 
~J.G. Holland

Joke of the Day

A man was about to go on trial for murder and he didn't feel that his chances for acquittal were very good, so he decided to get to one of the jurors. After sizing them up, he decided to bribe one little guy who didn't look any too bright. And he was successful. This little dope would take a bribe. The dope said to the man, "What do you want me to do?"

The man said, "I want you to oppose the death penalty."

The dope said, "How do I do that?"

"You just hold out for a verdict of manslaughter."


After the trial, the jury was charged and they retired. They were out deliberating for about four days. Meanwhile the man was on tenterhooks. Finally, they returned with a verdict. And the verdict was manslaughter.

The man was delighted with the verdict and as soon as he could he met the dope to pay him off. He said, "I'm tremendously obliged to you. Did you have a hard time holding out for a verdict of manslaughter?"

"Yeah. The other eleven guys wanted to acquit you!"

Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below


madcobug said...

Glad that you are back at home and doing well. I hope you are soon able to hit the fishing trail. Those fall crappie are waiting on you and your fishing friend. Cute joke. Bet he wished he had of kept his mouth shut and waited for the verdict LOL. Helen

Mandy said...

Glad you are feeling well. We are all thinking about you!


Brush Strokes said...

Hi Jim!
Glad you are back home and that everything is OK! Isn't it rainy up there and not good weather for sitting in a boat fishing anyway?
Love ya! Karen