Thursday, September 3, 2009

Fishing Album

2009 Fishing Pictures 
I finally got around to working on my fishing album for this year. Looking at the pictures I think I could say that we’ve had a pretty good year. Here’s a slide show.

Or you can click on the Fishing in 2009 in the left corner and see larger versions of the pictures with dates and captions. If you do that, select the slideshow option. 


Gone Fishing Today
GoneFishing2 When you read this I may be on the lake fishing. My friends, Doug and Ralph, are planning to go with me. They are a big help to me. I would not be able to go very often without their help. We’ll be going after trout, at either South Holston or Watauga. Perhaps in a few more weeks, when the weather cools, we can get back to Douglas and try for some crappie.

 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Just because my car needed a tune-up,
I didn’t go out and buy a new car.
So why do we need to scrap the best health care in the world to a new and unknown system?
Let’s tune up what we have!

~~~
Quote of the Day
The difference between perseverance and obstinacy
is that one comes from a strong will,
and the other from a strong won't.
~Henry Ward Beecher

~~~
Joke of the Day

A traveling salesman went into a restaurant for breakfast one morning. When the waitress took his order he said he wanted his eggs hard and burned around the edges, his bacon was to be burnt crisp and he wanted his toast blackened and hard.

The waitress soon returned with his order and asked was there anything else she could do for him.

He says yes, sit down across from me frazzle your hair and start complaining. I'm homesick!



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: