Thursday, September 24, 2009

Knoxville Convention

Thursday
This is our first day of our church convention. I hope to have a little thought or two to share with you tomorrow. When I think of coming to convention I think of those words of David in the 139th Psalm,

“Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.”

God’s Creation
The following video about the Hubble Telescope shows things and a perspective mankind has never seen before. We are awed by God’s creation.

 

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Someone said that if you ever get at your wit’s end, God will be there to help you.

~~~
Quote of the Day
Charity sees the need, not the cause.
~German Proverb

~~~
Joke of the Day

A California policeman pulled a car over and told the driver that because he had been wearing his seatbelt, he had just won $5,000 dollars in the statewide safety competition. "What are you going to do with the money?" asked the policeman.

"Well, I guess I'm going to get a driver's license," he answered.

"Oh, don't listen to him," yelled a woman in the passenger seat. "He's a smart aleck when he's drunk."

This woke up the guy in the back-seat, who took one look at the cop and moaned, "I knew we wouldn't get far in a stolen car."

At that moment, there was a knock from the trunk and a voice said, in Spanish, "Are we over the border yet?"



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: