Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tennessee Granddaddy’s Ticker

A Heart Cath is Scheduled
Yesterday -The results from the stress test I took last Tuesday did not compare favorably with the stress test from March of this year. My cardiologist thinks I could have a new blockage or one of the existing stents may be clogged.

Today - He scheduled me for a heart cath today. I am to be at the hospital at 9:30 AM. And as you know I have no idea what time they with do the procedure. If they insert a new stent, I will have to stay over night, otherwise I will come home tonight.

Tomorrow - If I don’t have a post on Wednesday morning, you will know they kept me over night. I’ll try to post again on Thursday for sure.

 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
When you pray to God, give God the situation,
not what you think is the solution.

~~~
Quote of the Day
Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.
~Albert Camus

~~~
Joke of the Day

Cute story…

Scene: A courtroom in Oklahoma where a person is on trial for murder. There is strong evidence indicating guilt; however, there is no corpse. In the defense closing statement the lawyer, knowing that his client is guilty and that it looks like he'll probably be convicted, resorts to a clever trick. "Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I have a surprise for you all," the lawyer says as he looks at his watch. "Within 1 minute, the person presumed dead in this case will walk into this court room," he says and he looks toward the courtroom door. The jury, somewhat stunned, all look on eagerly. A minute passes. Nothing happens.

Finally the lawyer says: "Actually, I made up the previous statement. But you all looked on with anticipation. I, therefore, put it to you that there is reasonable doubt in this case as to whether anyone was killed and insist that you return a verdict of not guilty."

The jury, clearly confused, retires to deliberate. A few minutes later, the jury returns and a representative pronounces a verdict of guilty.

"But how?" inquires the lawyer. "You must have had some doubt; I saw all of you stare at the door.”

Answers the jury foreman: "Oh, we did look. But your client didn't!”



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

4 comments:

Mimi/Susan said...

Hope things go well for you today.

Mandy said...

We are thinking about you today, Granddaddy!

Love,
Mandy and Alex

Helen said...

I hope things went well for you. Cute jury joke. Helen

Anonymous said...

Jim, I Missed you today. Suspect you had to hve stent opened or replaced.
Trust all went well and you got home for lunch, take care, Bill